With more lockdowns coming in hot, we're forced to put more pen to paper - or let's be honest - finger to phone - to type out our birthday wishes to friends and family. Knowing that celebrating a birthday during Covid dampens plans, a nicely crafted message can be the difference between any old Covid-day and making someone feel truly loved and appreciated. But what exactly do you write after "happy birthday?" It always feels like the usual "wishing you well on your big day" or "hope you have a fantastic day celebrating" doesn't have the same punch knowing that they're likely stuck at home with the same people they've seen day in and day out for months. So we figured since no one is doing much of anything or really going anywhere...your words matter! But, how can your words shock them out of that reality of Netflix and cake? Well, we have just the answer for you!
Here are some suggestions of what to write to friends and family on their birthday:
- Happy Covid Birthday to you! Happy Covid birthday to you! This year is totally messed up, BUT thank goodness the world has you!
- Happy birthday!! Can't wait to celebrate with you... in 2023!!
- OMG! You're X years old! Wow. That sounds pretty old, but you're still as young and fun as they come!
- Older, wiser, smarter, better! You just keep getting finer with age!
- Happy birthday! I am so thankful for this day as it brought you into the world!
- Covid sucks, but you don't! Happy birthday!
- Pandemic birthdays are great and all, but do you remember the way we used to party? Yeah, you're right. It's probably safer that it's a pandemic.
- I could not imagine my life without you! Thank you for being you and giving so much to everyone around you. I hope you receive all the love and warm wishes you deserve today.
- Don't worry about getting older! Age ain't nothing but a number! AND new Covid rules means that when this pandemic is over, we re-set back to the age we were at when it started...or wait, come to think of it, was it that we've actually doubled in age? Happy birthday anyway!
- You make X (insert age) look GOOD!!! What's your secret?
- You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me! Happy birthday to such a special human.
- Can you feel the love today? I hope so!! Happy birthday!
- You're special every day, but today we all get the chance to really show it! Here's a list of everything we would be doing if we could see one another...
- Are you one, are you two, are you three, are you four, are you five... okay we don't have all day! Happy birthday!
- You are everything I could have ever asked for in a friend/sister/brother/dad/mother/etc. I wish you all the happiness in the world and hope that all your dreams come true!